HIV/STI Testing & Sexual Health Clinics
Every year millions of people are diagnosed with HIV and STIs in the United States.
Free HIV/STI Testing
Testing is now by appointment only at all locations except our Mozaic location in Columbus. To request an appointment, call the location or request an appointment online.
- Akron: (330) 794-5289
- Athens: (740) 331-4165
- Columbus—Clintonville: schedule your HIV/STI testing appointment now
- Columbus—Mozaic: HIV/STI testing TUES, WED, THURS, 9AM – 5PM. Drop-in or by appointment at (614) 572-0820.
- Dayton: (937) 853-3650
- Lima: (419) 222-0827
- Portsmouth: (740) 529-0018
- Toledo: (419) 241-9444
Eligibility: Our free testing clinics (listed above) serve those at increased risk for contracting HIV. To find out if you are at increased risk for HIV:
- Call the OHIV.org hotline | MON-FRI | 9AM-5PM | 1-800-332-2437
- Or live chat with an HIV/STI counselor at OHIV.org.
Receiving Your Rapid HIV Test Result
No matter what the result, our Care Team is here to help you make this test the start of your new healthy life.
- Negative? We can discuss starting PrEP, a once-daily pill that prevents the transmission of HIV.
- Positive? Our Care Team will connect you to treatment, so you can stop HIV from harming your body and eliminate the risk of passing the virus to sexual partners.
Sexual Health Clinics – STI Testing & Treatment
Sexual Health Clinic Locations and Hours
- Columbus – King-Lincoln | TUES & WED, 10 AM – 4:00 PM | Call (614) 340-6700
- Columbus – Short North | MON & FRI, 10 AM – 4:00 PM | Call (614) 340-6777
Immediate Access to Treatment
Our trusted medical professionals assess your risk of infection and presenting symptoms with sensitivity and compassion. Patients with significant risk of infection can immediately receive free treatment for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, and Syphilis.
Peace of Mind
Hepatitis-C, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and Syphilis test results will be available 24-36 hours after your test. We will contact you results whether positive or negative
HIV testing is anonymous and confidential. All other tests are confidential.
Changes in Schedule and Procedures During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Our first concern is to keep those most at risk of coronavirus complications safe from infections.
If you have a fever or respiratory symptoms such as a cough or shortness of breath, please do not come to our offices for HIV/STI testing. We encourage you to:
- Make a COVID-19 test appointment at one of our medical centers, or
- Call the Ohio COVID-19 Help Line at 1-833-4-ASK-ODH, open seven days a week, 9 AM – 8 PM.
Some alternatives to in-person testing:
- Order a free home HIV test kit from OHIV.org. (Restrictions apply, limited quantities available.)
- Chat with one of our HIV/STI experts at 1-800-332-2437 or OHIV.org about sexual health concerns.
Staying Healthy in the Time of COVID-19
You are #Healthworthy! In normal times, that means you participate in regular HIV/STI testing to protect yourself and your sexual partners. During the COVID-19 pandemic, you may need to make different decisions to maintain your health, especially if you are at risk for complications resulting from the coronavirus. That might mean delaying your routine HIV/STI check and refreshing your knowledge of safer-sex practices. You can learn more about safer sex options at OHIV.org or by calling our HIV/STI experts at 1-800-332-2437.
Not sure if you are at risk of COVID-19 complications? Learn more.