What to Do If You Are Sick
When should I stay home?
When should I seek care?
If You Feel Sick …
Call us. If you are experiencing a fever or respiratory symptoms such as a cough or shortness of breath, please call us. Our care team will complete a phone evaluation and provide you guidance on your next steps for treatment.
Equitas Health is not currently testing for COVID-19. Based on your phone evaluation, we will refer you to the appropriate testing location if necessary.
How Do You Know When to Ask for Help
You have likely heard reports that for some people the coronavirus feels like a mild fever or cough. For others it can develop into a much more serious condition.
That may leave you wondering:
- If I feel sick, should I stay home and let the virus run its course?
- What are the warning signs that tell me it is time to seek medical help?
The Centers for Disease Control has developed a simple guide that answers these questions.
When to Consider Going to the ER
We encourage Equitas Health patients to call us if you are concerned about flu-like symptoms.
Only go to the ER for:
- Fevers over 102 degrees that don’t respond to over-the-counter fever reducers
AND one of the following:
- Worsening chest pain despite taking over the counter pain medication OR
- Cough OR
- Worsening shortness of breath
If you need to go to the ER, tell medical staff as soon as you arrive that you are concerned about coronavirus.
If you have a medical emergency and need to call 911, notify the dispatch personnel that you have symptoms for COVID-19. If possible, put on a face mask before emergency medical services arrive.