COVID-19 and our Mental Health
At Equitas Health, we are concerned about your mental health. As we continue to learn and respond to COVID-19, our anxiety can take over. Stay in touch with your health care provider.
Please consider some of the tips below as we navigate through the coming days:
- Stay connected (while maintaining social distancing). Use your phone and social media apps to catch up with family, friends and neighbors.
- Check in with people you trust about how you are feeling. Talk about your concerns
- Stay focused on the facts. Avoid the hype.
- Take regular break from reading, listening and watching stories about the pandemic.
- Participate in activities that provide healthy distraction.
- Take care of your body. Take regular walks. Create an at home fitness routine. Dust off the yoga mat and do some stretching and poses.
- Stay hydrated and eat well-balanced meals.
- Try something new and find on-line support or discussion groups.
- Get plenty of good quality sleep.
- Avoid over using substances.
- If you are having to work from home or unable to go to work, create a regular routine.
Here are some resources that may be helpful to you in this time of uncertainty: